The 2019 European Museum Academy Awards
LUIGI MICHELETTI AWARD & THE DASA AWARD
PUT YOUR MUSEUM CENTRE STAGE!
TODAY’S EUROPEAN MUSEUM EXPERIENCE!
Apply today, don’t miss the chance to profit from the visibility and networking opportunities offered to your museum by taking part in the European Museum Academy Awards. Hundreds of museums have already done so in more than 20 years of activity of the Micheletti Award. Candidates also have the opportunity of running for the DASA Award. Candidates will be visited by EMA qualified experts and presented at the Annual EMA Meeting in Ljubljana, Slovenia, 19-21 September 2019.
CRITERIA FOR ENTRY
The Luigi Micheletti Award
This is an Award focused on contemporary European history and its scientific, industrial and social heritage. You may apply if you are a museum of 20th-century history (military political or social), a museum of science, technology or industry, a science centre, an ecomuseum, or an interpretation centre on these subjects and emerging crucial issues of contemporary society.
The DASA Award
The basic criterion of this award is the quality of learning opportunities, in a comprehensive perspective: the museological concept, the quality of the storyline, the creativity of the exhibition design and the programme of educational activities. Specific attention is also given to personal mediation, the interactive participation of the public and an effective mix of education and entertainment.
This Award is open to all kinds of museums.
The completed application should be accompanied by an entry fee of 200 € (two hundred Euros), paid by bank transfer. Transfer charges must be paid by the applicant. Please make sure that your payment can be identified and include a copy of the transfer instructions with your application.
Bank: ING Bank
Address: Postbus 94780, 1090 GT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Account name: European Museum Academy
Account number: 4682823
Preferably via WeTransfer to Dr Arno van Berge Henegouwen at email@example.com AND to Ann Nicholls, EMA Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all future correspondence should be sent to Ann Nicholls. The other mail address is for this purpose only. Please let us know if for any reason you are not able to use WeTransfer.
• The completed Entry Data page (Word format).
• Two typewritten pages (Word format) in English describing the museum, its organisational structure, its method of financing and the European relevance or innovative aspects.
• Candidates are invited to show evidence that they fulfil the criteria of the Luigi Micheletti Award.
• Applicants are invited to document the fulfilment of the criteria of the DASA Award.
• Up to 20 images in JPEG format, no larger than 2 MB each. One exterior of the building with its name clearly displayed, general views of the exhibitions and images which illustrate your strong candidature for the Award. Films should not be more than five minutes (links preferred). Pictures must be free of copyright and accompanied by a declaration which enables EMA to use them for non-commercial purposes in its printed materials, on the Internet as well as in training programmes.
• Scanned copies of a brochure, leaflet or other publicity material you wish to include.
• A copy of the bank transfer instructions.
The closing date for applications is 05 APRIL 2019. It would be very helpful if you could notify us of your intention to apply before sending your WeTransfers.
If you have any questions, please contact Ann Nicholls, EMA Co-ordinator
Tel +44 (0)117 973 7965; email@example.com
European Museum Academy
A European Museum Expertise Foundation
2584 CL, The Hague – The Netherlands
Chairman’s office: Tel.0031 703515160; Director’s office: Tel. 0039 0289775567
Registration number: 27359130 Chamber of Commerce, The Hague