STIP: Research Residency (Montreal, May 2018)
Application deadline: Jan 22, 2018
KAPSULA and Artexte have partnered to offer a research residency at Artexte’s documentation centre in Montreal, Quebec to a select applicant in May 2018. The residency provides an opportunity for an emerging scholar, artist or writer working within Canada to conduct a personal research project at Artexte, working with the centre’s extensive collection of textual materials covering visual arts in Canada from 1965 to the present. The outcomes of the research residency will be published in a special issue of KAPSULA in fall 2018.
We ask that applicants consider expanded notions of the bibliography in relation to Artexte’s collection (http://e-artexte.ca/) to formulate their research project. Applicants should indicate an interest in digital publishing tools and relate this to their research project or question. How can the structure and interface of the digital perform bibliographically? It is not required that applicants have expertise or experience in digital publishing, but they should consider the final output of the research residency—a special issue of KAPSULA Magazine—in their application.
- 10 consecutive days (between May 1st and 20th 2018);
- A research honourarium of $750.00;
- Compensation for travel expenses up to $750.00 (maximum);
- Accommodation in Montréal and per diem ($50/day)
- A work space at Artexte;
- Support from Artexte’s Librarian in carrying out research;
- Access to a storage area;
- Internet connection;
- Access to a printer/photocopier, and scanner;
- Use of Artexte’s kitchen and conference room;
- Editorial and production support from KAPSULA
For the full call and more details on how to submit please visit the submissions page on KAPSULA’s website: http://kapsula.ca/submit#calls. The deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM EST on January 22, 2018.
KAPSULA Magazine: http://kapsula.ca