Visiting Professorship in Digital and Public History, Venice
Ca' Foscari University, Venice
Application deadline: Mar 10, 2021
Call for expressions of interest
Visiting Professorship in Digital and Public History
Location: Venice, Italy
Duration: From 6 to 9 months
Period: Academic year 2021/22 or first semester academic year 2022/23
Salary: Up to 42,000 euros (gross), depending on the duration of the stay
Hours: Full time
Submission deadline: 10 March 2021
Notification: 1 April 2021
The Department of Humanities (DSU) of Ca’ Foscari University of Venice and the Venice Centre for Digital and Public Humanities (VeDPH) invite expressions of interest for the position of Visiting Professor in Digital and Public History. The professorship will be awarded to an outstanding candidate whose research interests align with the agenda of the VeDPH (https://www.unive.it/vedph). The post is available from September 2021 to December 2022 from a minimum of six months to a maximum of nine months. More details: Evento: Visiting Professorships in Venice (Digital and Public History, Digital Textual Scholarship) - Unive). Informal enquiries can be made to email@example.com.
Candidates must have :
- the ability to teach effectively in English in a Master’s degree program;
- excellent research experience in the field of Digital and Public History;
- proven track-record of disciplinary and/or interdisciplinary collaborations;
- excellent interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills;
- scholarly visibility at an international level.
An excellent level of written and oral English is required. Knowledge of Italian or willingness to learn it (at a basic level) is not requested but favourable. Teaching will be delivered in English.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
While she/he will work independently, the successful candidate will be embedded within the existing group of scholars at VeDPH. She/he will teach a 30-hour module related to Digital History and take care of all the relevant assessments. The module will be part of the Master’s Program (Laurea Magistrale) in Digital and Public Humanities of the DSU (https://www.unive.it/pag/38917/) and will be taught in English. In addition to teaching, the successful candidate will be expected to carry out a Digital and Public History-related research project and take part in all the main activities of the VeDPH, such as meetings and seminars. She/he will give a lecture related to her/his research interests and is encouraged to organize a seminar or a workshop for colleagues and/or students. If her/his period of professorship includes the summer, she/he will also teach a class in the Venice Summer School for Digital and Public Humanities.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
Candidates are asked to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following material (in English):
- cover letter (including the preferred dates of the stay);
- detailed CV (including list of publications and teaching experience);
- teaching proposal for a 30-hour module related to Digital History to be taught within the Master’s Program in Digital and Public Humanities (max. 1 page);
- description of a research project (max. 2 pages).
Candidates should express their interest by the 10th of March 2021.