Museum Training Programmes Assistant, ICOM International, Paris
As part of the Department of Heritage Protection and Capacity Building, in the 30 person team of the ICOM Secretariat, the Museum Training Programmes Assistant supports the development and implementation of projects and activities of the department, in particular of the training programs.
The Museum Training Programs Assistant has the following main tasks:
Assist with projects
In close cooperation with the Capacity Building Coordinator, assist in the development, planning and implementation of museum training activities, in particular:
• create content and collaborate with external trainers
• prepare calls for applications, support the selection of candidates, manage applications documents and monitor compliance
• organise logistics and communicate with participants
• manage and monitor budgets
• evaluate activities and write internal and external reports
• collaborate with fundraising activities and identify potential partners
Support the department
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Department and in close cooperation with its members, take part in the tasks assigned to the department, in particular:
• communicate the activities of the department (in consultation with the Communication Department)
• actively contribute to joint projects and the daily activities of the department
• write reports, internal notes and briefings
• follow up on correspondence
Support the secretariat:
• Actively participate in the Secretariat’s cross-departmental projects;
• assist the Secretariat and the network (prepare meetings and discussions, and draft committees and working groups documents, if required).
Education: Master degree or equivalent in the field of culture, museums or education;
Experience: professional experience in the development of educational programs and museum training;
Personal qualities: team spirit, open mindedness, strong communication skills and diplomacy, sense of service, good organizational skills, diligence Skills: Fluent English and French, Spanish desirable.
Excellent knowledge of project management tools, and information and communication technologies.
If you are interested in this offer, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by 16 February 2020. Interviews are scheduled to take place on 2 March 2020.